Last month, Colliers Capital Markets surveyed property investors and interviewed experts worldwide to explore the forces that will shape the commercial real estate industry in 2023 and beyond. The results and regional insights are featured in our Global Investor Outlook Report, available now. This report examines investor sentiment, strategies, and scenarios that will set the stage for the 2023 global real estate markets.
Key 2023 Americas Themes:
- Multifamily is the most sought-after asset class, overtaking industrial.
- Central Business District (CBD) office investors are focused on top-rated, Environmental and Social Governance (ESG)-compliant assets.
- Industrial investors are seeking last-mile distribution properties.
- Grocery-anchored centers remain the top destination for retail capital.
- Luxury hotel assets are still the preferred target for hotel investors.
- Life science, data centers, and student housing remain the top alternative asset classes.
- Investors are concerned about the cost of capital, the impact of inflation, cybersecurity, and talent availability.
Download the report.