After a record-setting 2021, the capital markets are poised for another strong showing in 2022. As we wrap up the year, here are several thoughts and predictions on the year ahead. Quick Hits will return in 2022.
We wish you and yours a happy holiday season and New Year.
- 2022 volume will top 2021’s.
- Office volume growth year-over-year will be the largest within the major asset types.
- Recapitalizations will be a constant theme.
- Multifamily investment will increase in core coastal cities as investors seek relative yield value.
- Industrial price increases will lead those of all asset classes.
- Industrial will set a new absorption record on the back of all-time-high import volume.
- Retail investors will take on leasing risk and redevelopment plays more frequently.
- Hotel M&A/portfolio sales will gain steam.
- Investor appetite for alternative assets such as life science will accelerate.
The LIBOR/SOFR transition will gain prominence.