The U.S.- China trade war has impacted the commercial real estate industry globally and brought trade uncertainty and reduced confidence within the economy. Both Asia and the U.S. are affected, in particular multinational companies. U.S.- China trade tensions are turning into a long-term phenomenon, and the impacts on real estate markets in Asia are already becoming apparent. Overall the trade conflict is likely to dent business confidence, especially in Asian markets that have played a key role in supply chains and cross-border investment in recent decades. However, the volatility and uncertainty create some unique opportunities for occupiers to leverage allowing them to benefit from challenging market conditions.
In this presentation, we cover the following themes:
- Summary of U.S. and China trade war
- Key impacts to office leasing markets in Asia
- Alternative locations for occupiers in Asia
- U.S. industrial occupiers affected by trade uncertainty
- Potential causes for concern to manufacturing within the U.S.
- Recommended strategies and opportunities for occupiers
Download the presentation (link to video recording included) to find out what it means for commercial real estate occupiers and what you can do to mitigate risk.